Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Recap!

Im going to start out this post by saying that Easter is one of my favorite holidays since i only have three. Its the start of spring (which means we get to break out the flip flops and cute sandals) and it is also a time filled with bright colors and families coming together to spend time with each other. This year was a bit different then my ordinary routine with my parents, Early Morning Service at church and then down to south Georgia with family. Well this year we decided that we would go to Alabama for Easter with Ryan's family and it was alot of fun. I had never heard of this before but it was a game that they played called Raw Egg Toss. It was alot of fun to watch but i didn't get to involved in it because knowing my luck i would try to catch it and it would break and ruin my new dress i bought just for the occasion but my husband on the other hand he has had plenty of time to master it. He did so well catching it with one hand and he only busted one out of all the eggs they had. He dropped a few but they didn't break. The best part about easter this year is the weather was great! It was sunny and warm and the kids were able to egg hunt outside unlike last year when it rained and got all nasty outside.

Now id like to move on to my next topic which is big for me because i would call it my BIG fashion step. Im normally the type of person who just goes casual and doesn't break out of the line very much when it comes to fashion but when i was shopping for an easter outfit i couldn't help myself with this and it turned out to be a big hit and i got so many compliments and people asking where i got my dress.

I got my dress and leggings from here. Papaya Clothing is one of my all time favorite stores, they have low prices so you find cute pieces to mix and match without breaking the bank and they have an online store that they just got up in running if you dont have a store near you! I bought this dress for only $15 and paid $5 for my leggings i wore under it because of how short it was with a pair of ballet flats i already had so $20 later i had my easter outfit!

They also had it in dark blue but i was to crazy about it. But with leggings and flats it turned out to be a huge hit for only $15! I'm going to have to start shopping there more often! I hope everyone else had a great and safe Easter! Id love to hear what all you guys did : )


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute cute girl!
I'd love to see a pic of you in that outfit~
did you get any?


Glad things seems to be doing better!
Keep your head up and keep on going my love :)

Brittany said...

his mom got one of use ill see if i can get it. i actually have to replace the dress because when i washed it something happened and it got ruined : ( i guess ill have to dry clean it or something next time.