Thursday, December 31, 2009

Past Christmas Post!

The past week has been so busy for me! I had to do all my running and finishing some last minute shopping and well let me just say i will never do that again! The lines were so long and people were so rude and pushy! But i managed and we had a really good christmas. Our christmas started out on christmas eve with my nanny mac and she had bbq for dinner. It wasn't your traditional christmas eve dinner but it was still good. After that of course we socialized and opened gifts. Ryan got a mini air compresser and christmas money and i got a light pink velour jump suit with christmas money has well. The best presents we got were the pictures. I got one of my cousin skylee and her big sister blake and i got one of my cousins jacey and jamin. My little sister suprised us all and gave us a picture of her too! Now i need to get some frames so i can put up pictures of our family : )

Later that night we and ryan exchanged our gifts and he loved what i got him. He has been wanting for some time the other two books to the eragon series hes been wanting to read in hard back so i picked them up for him. Do you know how hard it is to keep that secret when everytime you go to borders your husband wants to buy them and you have to come up with an excuse why he cant? I also got a 52 piece screwdrive set where you can change out the bits. Although i secretly think he got my present for himself its the thought that counts and i love it. He got me a trimmer set for hair. Its really neat because it keeps me organized and now i can cut his hair whenever without having to borrow his brothers. Plus i plan on going to cosmetology school soon so this will come in handy : )


Christmas day was so busy. Ryan and his older brother went to pick up his great grandmother from the nursing home so she could spend christmas with us. It was so heartwarming to see the family come together and see people we dont normally see. As far as presents we got a few gift cards and checks from the grandparents, my mother in law got me my tinkerbell floor mats for my car and an adorable purse and wallet i have been eyeing for a while and ryan got a new dvd player and a beard trimmer from her. As far as the brother in laws and sister in laws we did couples gifts and we got a comforter set and wireless keyboard and mouse. All around it was a great christmas and i got the most enjoyment out of seeing my neices and nephews open their gifts. Although this was their first christmas with us and nanny mac hadn't met them before she still made sure they had one present each and since my sisters husband couldn't afford christmas for them their church donated some and me nad my mom pulled together for them and they had a wonderful christmas. It really warms your heart when you do something good. im pretty sure i see that as one of my 2010 goals is to do more good. Hope you all had a good christmas!

1 comment:

Ash said...

Your Christmas sounds so wonderful - full of family and love. Perfection.

Stopping in from SiTS to welcome you to the gang - may 2010 bring good health and happiness to you and yours.